About

Call me beep me if you wanna reach me altsunday@outlook.com

Thursday 28 May 2015

Broadway Market



If London is an identity then surely by extension, its markets are its personalities. My recent encounter with Broadway revealed a vibrant facet of London. Truth be told, I have yet to explore all of the markets but Broadway has lodged itself in my heart, displacing the renowned Borough. Broadway's concept is a serving platter of lifestyles-based stores ranging from delicacies to Japanese art & crafts to household decorations. My focus, as always, is on the street food; an elegant lavender cupcake and homemade authentic ravioli left an indelible impression.

More often than not, the surrounding shops do not enjoy the same spotlight but my take from Broadway suggests otherwise. My personal favourite is a little bookstore at the end of the market. Identifiable by an overflow of customers, there is a much literacy feed for those who seek. One of my steals was actually a Cereal travel guide for London.


Now assuming you have little time but a greater love for 'hidden gems', skip touristy Borough and head straight to Broadway.



No comments:

Post a Comment